Sunday, May 30, 2010

You Are My Mate for Life

My friend Alison loves geese. She has numerous art prints of them hanging in her home. She told me once that she loves them because they mate for life. I thought that her honest enjoyment in them was so special that it engraved in my memory. So, being stuck in my apartment due to a North Carolina snow that shuts down EVERYTHING, I was all about killing the boredom. That usually entails me dragging out my camera and driving my dogs crazy. The first day of the snow was grey, overcast, hazy and just downright dismal. The second day gave me exactly what I wanted: sharp, bright sunshine on crisp snow and brilliant blue skies that remind me of the way ice tastes. The Canada geese that had spent the night sleeping and floating on the pond outside my windows were brave enough to walk fairly close to my patio. I was also trying out a new lens...okay, so it was new to me! I took these fotos and immediately called Alison, so excited I could barely be understood...in fact, I think she asked me to repeat myself about 3 times at least! I really enjoyed the results of this snow-stuck day. And I hope Alison enjoyed them just as much, too.

No comments:

 

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own